Edmund Hillary Everest Trek ( Jiri to Everest Base Camp)
Code #HT021 • 0 Days •
- Trip Duration: 22 Nights / 23 days
- Group size: Max 14
- Ends in: Lukla
- Availavility: Sept to June
- Departure City: Kathmandu
- Max Altitude: 5545 meters
- Activities: trekking
This trek is a historically significant and well known trek in Nepal as it is the trekking route taken by the legendary Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa for their Mt. Everest expedition in 1953.
The trek starts after a drive of eight hours from Kathmandu to Jiri. Witness the cultural diversity of Nepal through this trek. The trek takes trekkers through many villages of different ethnic groups such as the Brahmin and Chetris, the Tamangs, Jirel, Rai, and the well-known Sherpas. The trek is a spectacular journey taking you through varied terrains, the surroundings change according to the elevation, trekkers will be making their way through a number of hills. Another good thing about the trek is that it has local tea houses and comfortable campsites in the majority of villages through the trail.
This trekking route is actually a combination of two distinct trek. Thus, the trail for this trek reaches the Namche Bazaar via Lukla and and from there on through all the major trading villages of Khumbu. Thus, trekkers get the opportunity to experience the culture and traditions of the Sherpa people to the full. From Namche the trail leads you the main trading villages of the Khumbu area, onto Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Everest Base Camp and, finally up to Kalapattar, before returning to Tengboche monastery and Lukla. Along the way to the Everest Base Camp trekkers get the opportunity to witness lush alpine forests, stunning glacial rivers and sacred Buddhist temples. This is a great trek that provides superb views of the highest mountains in the Himalayas such as Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, etc. So, come walk in the footsteps of the two great figures and take unforgettable memories with you.
Know More Before Booking
Accommodation & Transportation
TransportationCar & Plane
Local Lodging19 nights
Meal: Three times
- The meals in Tea Houses and Lodges are plentiful and delicious. For the breakfast it’s usually a variety of cereals, bread and eggs. And for lunch and diner it is usually rice, noodle or soup and seasonal vegetables. If you want to buy snacks, the accommodations sell plenty of biscuits, chocolate and soft drinks and in some areas you will fi nd fresh fruits in season.
Physical Rating: Strenuous
- This trekking take a longer period of time to trek through, between 2 and 3 weeks with an altitude that can reach 5500 meters. Trekkers should note that these trekking routes are far away from the village settlements and are much more rarely visited than the other easier treks. Having these things in mind, physical fitness and good health conditions, as well as a true adventure spirit, are a must!
Age Requirement: 12+
- All travellers age should be 12+ and under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Service Type: Deluxe
- We provide deluxe service for this adventure using 3-4 star hotel in Kathmandu, Best Available Accommodation during the Hike
Day 1 : Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
Day 2 :Trek to Bhandar (2,200m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 3 :Trek to Bhandar (2,200m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 4 :Trek to Sete (2,645 m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 5 :Trek to Junbensi (2,675m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 6 :Trek to Nunthala (2,440m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 7 :Trek to Kharikhola (2,020m) -5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 8 :Trek to Puiyan (2,700m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 9 :Trek to Phakding (2,646m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 10 :Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 11 :Namche Bazaar acclimatization day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 12 :Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 13 :Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 14 :Day hike to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 15 :Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse
Day 16 :Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 17 :Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Phiriche (4200 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 18 :Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters), 5 hours. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 19 :Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 20 :Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 21 :Morning Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
Day 22 : Rest day in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 23: Transfer to Airport and fly back to home.
Kathmandu to Kathmandu
- Call Us: +977 1 4260802
- Whatsapp & Viber 977 9851032316
- Email: email@example.com