- 02 nights at 3 star hotel
- 07 nights at tea house
- 08 breakfast
- 07 lunch
- 07 dinner
The Langtang valley trek is a pure blend of natural and cultural richness; witness great scenic landscapes, snow-capped mountains, rhododendron forests along with the great culture and traditions of the Tamang and Sherpa people. It is a short and moderate trek taking not more than a week. Although, adding in a few days for side tours into the valley isn’t a bad idea.
Syabrubesi is the starting point for the trek. It takes an eight hour drive from Kathmandu to reach Syabrubesi. From there we ascend to the Kyanjin Gompa.
One of the highlights of this region of Nepal is the Langtang National Park. The park is home to approximately 4,500 residents with most of them being of the Tamang ethnicity. The park is rich in flora and fauna. The park is filled with oak, maple, pine, and several types of rhododendron. Its home to some of the rarest creatures on the planet like the Himalayan black bear, the Himalayan tahr, rhesus monkeys and red pandas. There have also been stories of Yeti sightings in the area.The park also includes religious and spiritual sights like the Gosainkunda lakes, sacred to Hindus and Kyanjin Gompa, sacred to Buddhists.
The Langtang Valley trek offers great views of Pemthang Ri, Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Lirung, and Kangchenpo. If you are looking for something moderate, quick, and fulfilling, this is it! If you have enough time, the trek can be extended to Gosainkunda Lake.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m)
Welcome to Nepal! You will be picked up by our representative at the airport who will also drop you off at the hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m/5,100ft): 7-8 hours
We leave Kathmandu early for a drive to Syabrubesi. We drive along winding roads to finally reach Sybrubeshi. Enjoy nice views of Manaslu, Annapurna and Ganesh Himalen route. Once there we walk towards the tiny village of Syabrubesi. Overnight in Syabrubesi.
Day 03: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,380m/7,830ft): 6 hours
We trek along the LangtangKhola to reach the Lama Hotel. We go up and down through oak and rhododendron forests, thencross a brigde over the LangtangKhola, take on a steep trail and finally reach the Lama Hotel. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 04: Trek to Mundu (3543m/11,621ft) via Langtang village: 6-7 hours
We trek uphill enjoying the beautiful mountainous landscape and sparkly waterfalls. Soon we get glimpses of the Langtang range as we reach the green meadows of GhodaTabela. We clib further as the valley widens temporary herding settlements. We also pass a Buddhist monastery en route toLangtang village and then walk some more to reach Mundu. Overnight in Mundu.
Day 05: Mundu to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 4-5 hours
With breakfast done, we head for KyangjinGompa, one of the most important monasteries of the region. The trail is pleasant as we walk past prayer wheels, water mills, and chortens. Today, we also get to see the largest mani wall in Nepal which is entirely made from stone and has sacred prayers written on them. We explore the area around KyangjinGompaand the Gompa itself while enjoying astounding views of the mountains.
Day 06: Acclimatization- Explore TserkoRi (5000m/16,404ft) 7-8 hours
Today, we set aside the day for acclimatization. We set off early, pass through yak pastures andthen ascend to the top of TserkoRi where we get to witness an extraordinary view of the sunrise. We return to KyangjinGompaand explore the area some more.
Day 07: KyangjinGompa to Lama Hotel: 6-7 hours
We start retracing our steps today. We move downhill passing through beautiful lush forests and Tamang villages. This is also the chance to spot views we might have missed before. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 08: Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi: 4-5 hours
Back to the start! Our journey in the Langtang ends today. We trek to Syabrubesi and spend the night there.
Day 09: Syabrubesi to Kathmandu
With breakfast conquered we prepare for a drive back to Kathmandu. You can spend the rest of the day in Kathmandu packing or going souvenir shopping. A farewell dinner will be scheduled to celebrate the success of our trip. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final departure
This is it, your last day in Nepal. It’s time to say goodbye, but we hope we’ll meet again! Our representative will escort you to the airport three hours before the scheduled flight.
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- Round way private coach to and from Syabru Bensi
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Langtang National Park permit fee
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 person ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek)
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star Nepalese standard hotel.
- Twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- Our service charge & value added tax
- Insurance – coverage your personal accidents, medical and Helicopter Evacuation
- Meals in Kathmandu (Lunch & Dinner)
- Nepal entry visa fee, international flights
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, mineral water, laundry, internet, phonecall
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
- Extra expenses such as camera battery charging cost, taking shower, hot water etc
- Tips for the guide & porter