The Lhasa Short Tour will give you an insight into Lhasa city in a brief period of time. This is a short city journey through Tibet. You will fly from Kathmandu to Tibet and visit the major tourist destinations of Lhasa and return by flight to Kathmandu. It’s what we call a sweet and simple trip.
Lhasa is the capital city of Tibet on the bank of Kychu River. Lhasa in Tibetan signifies “Place of the Gods” and it is the abode of the Dalai Lama. You will visit the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Market put, and Sera Monastery amid your 2 evenings and 3 days visit in Lhasa.
The short Lhasa tour from Nepal will give you a delightful memory of the lovely scene of the Tibetan Plateau. It is at an elevation of 3,650 meters from the ocean level. You will also visit the religious Buddhist places and get a glimpse at the way of life of the Tibetan people. Additionally, the Himalayan picturesque flight will give you great memories of the Himalayas.
- Lhasa sightseeing with a visit to Potala Palace ‘former home of Dalai Lama’ (the landmark of Tibet)
- Visit the biggest monastery on Lhasa – Drepung Monastery
- Spectacular view of Himalayan range from one of the highest town, Lhasa
- Tour to Gyantse via Karo La Pass and Yamdruk Tso Lake
Best time for Lhasa Short Tour
The best time to visit Lhasa, Tibet would be from March to November. Although, you can visit Lhasa all year round. The peak season is considered to be from May to September. The climate is rather warm and not so dry and windy in winter and spring.
Lhasa gets longer sunshine time all year round and thus, has a reputation of “sunlight city“.
The 4 days Lhasa tour can be tailor-made if you wish to extend your stay or make few changes in the itinerary. Likewise, if you are also looking for the best of both Nepal and Tibet, we have Nepal Tibet Tour for you.
Make sure to check out the detailed itinerary to find out what we have planned for you.
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Lhasa – Potala Palace, Johkang Temple, and Barkhor Street
Today’s tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market. Overnight at Hotel
Day 3: Sightseeing in Lhasa – Drepung and Sera Monastery
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha. Overnight at Hotel
4: Departure from Lhasa
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- Arrival and Departure transfers from airport to hotel in Lhasa
- 03 – nights twin sharing accommodation at 3 star hotel in Lhasa
- Tibet Travel Visa arrangements
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary
- Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide
- Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver
- Everday Breakfast at the Hotel/Guest House
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder at Tibet side
- Government Tax
- Personal Travel insurance and Rescue Evacuation on the tour.
- International flight to and out of Tibet
- Domestic flight/train
- Meals- Lunch and Dinner during the Journey
- Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and option tour activities