Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour offers stunning views of the Kailash and Mansarovar Lake from the helicopter. This holy tour is basically popular among the holy pilgrims who have a keen desire to visit the Holy Mount Kailash and Manasarovar Lake. Also, for those who have limited time and have the desire to go for the Pilgrimages tour, this tour can be very adventurous.
Holy Mount Kailash lies in the Gandise Mountain range in western Tibet. being sacred and holy, Hindus, Buddhists, Bonis, and Jainis pilgrims go to this mountain to fulfill their wish and dream. According to the Hindus, believe this mountain is inhabitant by the creator and destroyer of the world, Lord Shiva. Similarly, Mansarovar is a high altitude freshwater Lake in the World.
Trip Highlights of Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour
- Holy journey to sacred Mansarovar lake
- Encounter new cultural destinations every day
- Beautiful landscapes and view of Mt. Kailash and surrounding mountains
- Visit to Mansarovar lake, Rakshas Tal, and others.
The Helicopter tour to Kailash begins with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. From Nepalgunj, we will fly to Simikot, the western hilly small town of Nepal. Similarly from Simikot, you board on a helicopter for the flight to Hilsa, the place close to China/ Tibet border. After crossing the border you start the scenic drive on Tibetan plateau to the Mansarovar Lake.
Prior to visiting Mansarovar lake, you will spend two nights at Purang for acclimatization. Next, you will get the first sight of the holy Mt. Kailash and Mansarovar lake after driving from Purang to Mansarovar. En route, you will also get to visit Rakshas Tal. You can check the detailed itinerary below for more details.
The stunning view during Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour will be one of the unforgettable journeys through a lifetime.
Book the Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour with Himalayan Trekking and explore the beauty of Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport/ Meeting and greeting you by our tour leader & transfer to hotel/ Tour Briefing of Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu. Fly to Nepalgunj.
Today morning after breakfast, will visit Pashupatinath Temple (One of the holiest Shiva temples in the earth located 4 km east of Kathmandu at the bank of Bagmati River. Here you see many Shiva temples and meet many Hindu Sages) & Jal Narayan temple (Jal Narayan, locally known as Budhanilkantha, is open-air temple of Lord Vishnu who is relining in the pond. This temple is situated below the Shivapuri Hill at the northern end of Kathmandu valley). Then in the afternoon, we will fly to Nepalgunj, western city of Nepal near the border with India. Overnight at hotel in Nepalgunj.
Day 3: Fly from Simikot. Heli Charter flight from Simikot to Hilsa. Drive to Purang.
In the morning, we will fly from Nepalgunj to Simikot by domestic airlines. Simikot is the administrative headquarters of the Humla District of Karnali Zone in the mountain region of northwestern Nepal. Upon arrival at Simikot airport, we will board the Helicopter to fly for Hilsa. Walk 10 minutes to cross the border of Nepal and China. Then take a drive to Purang (Taklakot). Overnight at a guest house in Purang.
Day 4: Day for acclimatization in Purang.
Today we will acclimatize in Purang. While walking around Purang Town (Purang also called by Taklakot is the administrative center of Ngari Prefecture of Tibet Autonomous Region, China. To its south are Gurla Mandhata (Mount Namonanyi) and the Abi Gamin ranges. Lake Manasarovar and Mount Kailash are to the north. Overnight at a guest house in Purang.
Day 5: Drive from Purang to Mansarovar.
After breakfast, we will drive to Mansarovar Lake. En route before reaching Mansarovar Lake, you see Rakshas Tal. Today is the precious day of a lifetime as you have the first sight of Holy Mt. Kailash and holy lake Mansarovar. We can have Pooja and Holy bath at Mansarovar. We will also visit Chu Gompa which is on the shore of Mansarovar Lake. Overnight at a guest house in Mansarovar.
Day 6: Drive from Mansarovar to Darchen and then to Shersung. Trek to Dirapuk. 1st day of Parikarma.
We will drive to Shersung via Darchen, Base Camp of Mount Kailash. Shersung trek (parikrama) is the starting point. From here after a short walk, you reach Tarboche. There’s a small temple called Yamdwar by Hindus. Near to this temple, you see great flagpole. It is said that here Buddha came with 500 disciples for their supernatural power. You continue walk passing through grassy plain populated by nomads. En route, you can view of the west face of Mount Kailash. Then you reach Dirapuk from where you will have a good view of the north face of Mount Kailash. Overnight at a guest house in Dirapuk
Day 7: Trek from Dirapuk to Zuthulpuk. 2nd day of Parikarma.
Today our trek is a little bit harder to walk because to go up all the way to Dolmala passes (5723 meter/18776 feet). It is the highest point in all this trip and then way down. From this trail, you can have a view of the backside of mountain and many prayer flags at the highest point. Also pool of great compassion at the side of route which is called Gauri Kund by Hindus. In Zuthulpuk a temple and shrine are built around Milarepa’s cave where Milarepa, one of the most widely known Tibetan Saints, took dark retreat a few years. He printed his hand and feet on the rock. Overnight at a guest house in Zuthulpuk.
Day 8: Trek from Zuthulpuk to Darchen. The final day of Parikarma. Drive to Purang or Hilsa.
Today is a short and easy walking day. You walk through the grassy plain area along the river. The trekking endpoint is 4 km before Darchen. Once you reach there your vehicle comes to pick you up then drive back to Purang or Hilsa through the same previous road. Overnight at a guest house in Purang or Hilsa.
Day 9: Heli Charter flight to Simikot. Fly from Simikot to Kathmandu connecting Nepalgunj.
Early morning, we will drive to the Nepal border. As soon as possible, we fly by Helicopter to Simikot. From Simikot fly to Nepalgunj by domestic air and then same day connect flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu.
Our tour, the leader transfers you to the Tribhuwan International Airport in time for your flight and help you get on board for your onward destinations. Return with the exciting memories of the Mount Kailash Helicopter Tour.
- Arrival and Departure transfers from airport to hotel in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj.
- 3 – nights twin sharing accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu
- 01 -night in good hotel / guesthouse at Nepalgunj with all meals
- Half day Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu including entrance fees and guide
- Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Simikot both way air fare by regular flights.
- Both ways Helicopter from Simikot-Hilsa by regular helicopters
- Accommodation in guest house during the Tibet Tour
- 3-course meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the tour
- Nepali Team leader and supporting team as per Chinese rules and regulations
- English speaking Tibetan and Nepali guides
- comfortable Transportation during the Tour
- Chinese visa to visit Kailash
- Kailash Tour Tibet Permit fee
- Humla Restriction fee
- Yak for Kailash parikrama/Kora for carrying kitchen equipment
- First Aid kit
- Oxygen cylinder at Tibet side
- Government Tax
- Personal Travel insurance and Rescue Evacuation on the tour.
- Personal expenses for Nepal-Tibet
- Bar bills and Beverage
- Tips for staff and yatra/Tour crew.
- Photography charges if required.
- Kailash Tour Rescue transport encase needed if some one goes back earlier than the group.
- Extra cost incurred in case of Landslide or natural problem and bad weather.
- Nepal visa and Re-Entry Nepal visa.
- International Phone calls and media.
- Pony/Horse service during the Kailash parikrama, extra personal porter, and yaks ride if required.
- Personal clothes & equipment for Kailash tour