Saribung Expedition is a new expedition destination opened in 2006. It is a challenging trekking trail off the beaten track crossing additionally a troublesome pass. Saribung sits in the remote parts of the Mustang area of Damodar Himal, near the outskirt of China (Tibet). The trails, however, are rough, cutting high into cliff sides and pass villages that have changed minimally throughout the hundreds of years.
Both countries Nepal and Tibet offer the Saribung Trek. On the other way round, for which the trek would begin from Phu and after that rise to Saribung pass and enter in the Mustang “Concealed Valley” and come back to Jomsom. The other, go clockwise, for which the trek begins from Jomsom and takes after the Upper Mustang trail and dives to Nar-Phu valley and finishes at Besisahar.
Highlights of Saribung Expedition
- Saribung pass offers Annapurna and Dhaulagiri family and some portion of the border mountains
- Walking through the dry cultivated fields, breathtaking views on Annapurna family, Dhaulagiri, and Blue Mountain
- World’s deepest gorge Kali Gandaki and Saribung pass to Nar Phu
- The mixed culture with Tibetan Buddhism, nearby individuals, and their ways of life
There are many passes with ice and creases in the middle of the Damodar Kunda and the Nar-Phu valley. The trek leads through awesome landscapes and diverse cultures. Moreover, the principle thing is the great mountain view, which you will see from the highest point of Mt. Saribung.
The trek starts from one onto the next with extraordinary landscapes, societies, religion, and geological varieties. Henceforth trekkers can appreciate the phenomenal and beautiful views of varied qualities in this region.
Amid the trekking, trekkers meet diverse villages, religious communities, cultures each day.
Whatsapp & Viber Call
+977-9851032316 (24×7) for the detailed information of Saribung Expedition.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with our representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and Expedition Preparation day.
Breakfast and proceeds sightseeing tour in Kathmandu coveringBoudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well-experienced Tour Guide by private car. Overnight at Hotel
Day 3: Fly to Pokhara and explore Pokhara
Morning flight to Pokhara 25 minutes and transfer to Hotel. After freshen up explore Pokhara visiting Fewa Lake, Cave, Waterfall, etc. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 4: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni 2800m/3-4 hours, Overnight at Lodge
Day 5: Trek from Kagbeni to Tsaile 3100m/5-6 hours, Overnight at Lodge
Day 6: Trek from Tsaile to Ghiling 3570m/6-7 hours, Overnight at Lodge
Day 7: Trek from Ghiling to Tsarang 3560m, 6-7 hours, Overnight at Lodge
Day 8: Trek from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang 3840m: Upper Trail 7-8 hours, Lower trail 4-5 hours, Overnight at Lodge
Day 9: Acclimatization Day or Resting Day, Overnight at Lodge
Day 10: Trek from Lo-Manthang to Yara 3900m/6-7 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Yara to Luri Cave Monastery 3-4 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Luri Gompa from Ghuma Thanti 4600m/5-6 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Ghuma Thanti to Namta Khola 4890/7-8 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Namta Khola to Saribung Base Camp 4950/6-7 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Acclimatization day, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek from Base Camp to Camp I 5730m/5-6 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Summit to Saribung Peak 6346m and back to Base Camp 4950m/8-9 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek from Base Camp to Nagoru 4400m via Saribung Pass 5600m, Overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Trek from Nagoru to Phu Gaon 4080m/5-6 hours, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 20: Trek from Phu Gaon to Meta 3560m/5-6 hours, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 21: Trek from Meta to Koto 2600m/6-7 hours, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 22: Trek from Koto to Dharapani 1860m/5-6 hours, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 23: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat 1300m/5-6 hours, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 24: Trek from Jagat to Kathmandu 8-9 hours by Jeep, Overnight at Hotel
Day 25: Free day for shopping in Kathmandu.
Day 26 Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport transfers by private car in Kathmandu
- Round way Private transfer to and from Pokhara
- 3- nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3-4 star hotel (twin sharing)
- 1-night accommodation in Pokhara at 3-4 star hotel (twin sharing)
- One way flight Pokhara to Jomsom
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee
- Climbing Permit
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card
- Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person for 10 days (the above price includes 10 days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you would wish to stay more than 10 days in the restricted area, you are subjected to an extra charge for extra days (US$ 50 per day / per person).
- Daily meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trek
- Daily hot drinks such as tea, Coffee, and hot chocolate
- 1 experienced and license holder trekking/climbing guide and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- 1 porter/carrier for a group of 2 people ( carry 20-25kg) and his daily meal, wage & accommodation
- Trekking equipment such as down jacket, sleeping bag (refundable after the trek)
- Camping Equipment: Kitchen Tent, Dining Tent, Member/Client Tent, Guide Tent, Kitchen Equipment for Cooking during the camping trek.
- 1 experienced, helpful and friendly cook and 1 helper, 1 Sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter for 2 peoples) Guide, Cook and Support Staffs/Porters Salaries, Insurance and Equipment Charge.
- Naar Phu Restricted Area Permit.
- Garbage Deposit.
- Climbing Sherpa’s Equipment Charge and Insurance.
- Transfer from Besisahar to Kathmandu
- All Government Taxes
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Lunch and Dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Permit and Tax for extra days
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters