Upper Dolpo Trek is much more remote as it is a shrouded reach inside the fringes of Nepal. Like Upper Mustang, their folks came as pioneers from the Tibetan plateau more than 1000 years prior. It is the highest populated place on earth. It is a hostile location as winter comes ahead of schedule to its high heights. Be that as it may, the people there have figured out how to build up subsistence living through cultivating on the banks of rivers. Their settlements are fortress like, and there are mind blowing waterfalls and lovely lakes in the Upper Dolpo area. It has a share of the finest landscapes in all of Nepal.
Upper Dolpo Trek has no roads, and the majority of the area is not even accessible by flight. The only plane accessible place is at the district city of Dunai which is a few days travel from Upper Dolpo. Upper Dolpo has some of the most remote and excellent Buddhist monasteries. The antiquated Tibetan Bön Religion is still practiced in spots. Height in Upper Dolpo ranges from above 4000 meters.
If you are looking for wilderness adventure in Nepal then Upper Dolpo is a great choice as you will explore the unexplored.
Day 1- Arrival Kathmandu
Day 2- Flight Kathmandu – Nepalgunj
Day 3- Flight Nepalgunj – Juphal (2475 m), trek to Shyanta (2520 m) or Chhepka (2838 m) 5-6 hrs
Day 4- Shyanta/Chhepka (2838 m) – Chunuwar near Amchi Hospital (3110 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 5- Chunuwar (3110 m) – Ringmo village near Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) 3 hrs
Day 6- Ringmo/Phoksundo Lake (3641 m). Rest day and visit to Bon Gompa.
Day 7- Ringmo/Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) – Forest Camp beyond Sallaghari (3730 m) 6 hrs
Day 8- Forest Camp (3730 m) – Kang La Low Camp (4400 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 9- Kang La Low Camp (4400 m) – Shey Gompa (4310 m) via Nagdalo-La (Kang La) (5350 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 10- Shey Gompa (4310 m). Rest day.
Day 11- Shey Gompa (4310 m) – Namgung (4430 m) via Shey-La (5010 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 12- Namgung (4430 m) – Saldang (4060 m) 3-4 hrs
Day 13- Saldang (4060 m) – Chagaon (3840 m) 4 hrs
Day 14- Chagaon (3840 m) – Jyanta-La Base Camp (4550 m) 7 hrs
Day 15- Jyanta-La Base Camp (4550 m) – Tokyu (4210 m) via Jyanta-La/Jeng-La (5220 m) 7 hrs
Day 16- Tokyu (4210 m) – Dho Tarap (4080 m) 2-3hrs
Day 17- Dho Tarap (4080 m) – Toltol (3523 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 18- Toltol (3523 m) – Laina Odar (3370 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 19- Laina Odar (3370 m) – Lingdo (2390 m) 6 hrs
Day 20- Lingdo (2390 m) – Dunai (2140 m) 5 hrs
Day 21- Dunai (2140 m) – Juphal (2475 m) 3-4 hrs
Day 22- Flight Juphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu
Day 23- Depature from Kathmandu
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 2- nights accommodation with breakfast at 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- 1- night accommodation with breakfast at standard hotel in Nepalgunj
- 3-course meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) prepared by our cook during the trek
- Plenty of Hot drinks such as coffee, tea, chocolate, hot lemon
- Boiled drinking water during the trek
- Accommodation in Local guest house or tents during the trek
- 1 Experience licensed guide and his daily wage, food, accommodation, equipment, and Insurance
- Necessary porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and their insurance.
- Round Trip flight from KTM-Nepalgunj-Juphal -Nepalgunj-KTM.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
- Upper Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
- Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters