Upper Mustang to Dolpo Trek A standout amongst the most excellent territories of the relentless Himalayas can be found in the far western part of Nepal. The district of Upper Mustang and Upper Dolpo are the absolute most remote places that offer inconceivable open doors for awesome mountain sees, observation of wild creatures and the absolute most fascinating culture that Nepal brings to the table .
This range was cut off to guests until 1992. Prior to that, it was home to Tibetan Freedom fighters who took up residency to battle against the Chinese after the intrusion of their local land. It is a scantily populated land with a fantastic natural view.
This place has just marked a portion of Nepal around 1950. Mustang has held its ruler from that point forward, despite the fact that the administration of Nepal no longer perceives any government. Upper Mustang is remote to the point that they have preserved their way of life and religious practices.
Upper Mustang is well-known for cliff religious landmarks, remarkable moonscapes, wind-erosion formations and the walled capital city of Lo-Manthang.
Upper Dolpo is much more remote as it is a shrouded reach inside the fringes of Nepal. Like Upper Mustang, their folks came as pioneers from the Tibetan plateau more than 1000 years prior. It is the highest populated place on earth. It is a hostile location as winter comes ahead of schedule to its high heights. Be that as it may, the people there have figured out how to build up subsistence living through cultivating on the banks of rivers. Their settlements are a fortress-like, and there are mind-blowing waterfalls and lovely lakes in the Upper Dolpo area. It has a share of the finest landscapes in all of Nepal.
Upper Dolpo has no roads, and the majority of the area is not even accessible by flight. The only plane accessible place is at the district city of Dunai which is a few days travel from Upper Dolpo. Upper Dolpo has some of the most remote and excellent Buddhist monasteries. The antiquated Tibetan Bön Religion is still practiced in spots. Height in Upper Dolpo ranges from 2500 m to 5500 m.
Day 1- Arrival Kathmandu
Day 2- Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara or drive 6-7 hrs
Day 3- Flight Pokhara- Jomsom (2743 m), trek to Kagbeni (2810 m) 3 hrs. Possible roundtrip day trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3720 m) and back (6 hrs).
Day 4- Kagbeni (2810 m) – Chele (3050 m) 6 hrs
Day 5- Chele (3050 m) – Syangmochen (3800 m) 7-8 hrs
Day 6- Syangmochen (3800 m) – Tsarang (3560 m) 7 hrs
Day 7- Tsarang (3560 m) – Lo Manthang (3800 m) 4-5 hrs
Day 8- Lo Manthang (3800 m). Rest day and explore heritage sites.
Day 9- Day hike to Nyiphu and Garphu monasteries/caves and villages in the north of Lo Manthang.
Day 10- Lo Manthang (3800 m) – Dhakmar (3820 m) via Ghar Gumba (Loghekar Monastery) 6 hrs
Day 11- Dhakmar (3820 m) – Ghiling (3570 m) 6 hrs
Day 12- Ghiling (3570 m) – Samar (3550 m) 6 hrs
Day 13- Samar (3550 m) – Kagbeni (2810 m) 6-7 hrs
Day 14- Kagbeni (2810 m) – Yak Karkha (3478 m) 5 hrs
Day 15- Yak Karkha (3478 m) – Sangta (3777 m) via Bhima Lojun La pass (4460 m) 8 hrs
Day 16- Sangta (3777 m) – Ghalden Ghuldun Khola Camp (4247 m) 6 hrs
Day 17- Ghalden Ghuldun Khola Camp (4247 m) – Nulungsumda Kharka (4987 m) via Jungben La pass (5550 m) and Niwas La pass (5120 m) 9 hrs
Day 18- Nulungsumda Kharka (4987 m) – Chharka Bhot (4302 m) 8 hrs
Day 19- Rest and exploration day at Chharka Bhot
Day 20- Chharka Bhot (4302 m) – Chhap Chu (4320 m) 4 hrs
Day 21- Chhap Chu (4320 m) – Dho Tarap (3944 m) crossing the Chan La (5378 m) 8 hrs
Day 22- Rest and exploration day at Dho Tarap
Day 23- Dho Tarap (3944 m) – Numa La Base Camp (4440 m) 4 hrs
Day 24- Numa La Base Camp (4440 m) – Danigar (4512 m) crossing the Numa La pass (5309 m) 7 hrs
Day 25- Danigar (4512 m) – Yak Kharka (3860 m) via Baga La Pass (5190 m) 7 hrs
Day 26- Yak Kharka (3860 m) – Ringmo village near Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) 4 hrs
Day 27- Rest day and exploration at Ringmo village and Phoksundo Lake (3641 m)
Day 28- Ringmo/Phoksundo Lake (3641 m) – Chhepka (2838 m) 7 hrs
Day 29- Chhepka (2838 m) – Juphal (2475 m) 6 hrs
Day 30- Flight Juphal – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Day 31- Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 2- nights accommodation with breakfast at 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- 1- night accommodation with breakfast at standard hotel in Nepalgunj
- 3-course meal (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) prepared by our cook during the trek
- Plenty of Hot drinks such as coffee, tea, chocolate, hot lemon
- Boiled drinking water during the trek
- Accommodation in Local guest house or tents during the trek
- 1 Experience licensed guide and his daily wage, food, accommodation, equipment, and Insurance
- Necessary porters and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and their insurance.
- One way flight from Juphal-Nepalgunj-KTM.
- One Way flight from KTM -Pokhara – Jomsom
- Upper Mustang special permit
- Necessary Trekking Permit
- Shey Phoksundo National Park permit.
- Dolpo Restricted Area Permit.
- Government taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters